Probate in state is a court-supervised process for distributing assets according to a person’s will. During Probate an executor is named, the debts of a deceased person are identified and paid, and the estate assets are distributed to the beneficiaries of the person’s estate.
- Review of the executed will
- Gathering and valuing all assets of the estate
- Identifying beneficiaries
- Explanation of executor’s responsibilities
- Estate tax analysis
- Collection of death benefits
- Creation of sub-trusts
- Preparation of Probate Court documents
Contact our office today to discuss your probate needs.
Trust & Estate Administration
Revocable living trust planning is the process of designing a plan for leaving your estate to loved ones in the most efficient way possible. Estate administration is the final step of this efficient process.
The process begins with an event that triggers a provision in your revocable living trust based estate plan, such as incapacity or death. Estate administration provides for the successor trustees you designated in your trust to step into action and execute according to your instructions.
The estate administration process carries a lot of responsibilities. We assist successor trustees:
- Explanation of trustee’s responsibilities
- Identifying trust assets
- Funding of sub-trusts
- Distributing trust assets to trust beneficiaries
We can help guide your loved ones through the process as sensitively and completely as possible, and will try to make it as straightforward and efficient as possible.